Since we are so very close to M-Day, I have pulled my outfits for the next 5 days, and am now ready to pack up my closet.
- Mr. Spouse and I weren't too keen on purchasing millions of pricey wardrobe boxes.
- I didn't want the movers to have to make several trips back and forth between my closet and the truck struggling to carry all of my clothes by hand.
- I wanted to avoid having my clothes dropped on the way to the truck and I wasn't super thrilled by the idea that my clothes were about to be lovingly embraced by muscly, but rather sweaty, men.
As I was looking through my packing supplies, I remembered that I had this:
Remember how I told y'all in my moving 101 post to get some food service film? During our move, I've used it to wrap a layer of protection around some wall art, we've wrapped our wood furniture to avoid it getting nicked during the move, and now I've decided it will make moving my closet ten times easier.
Crazy as it sounds, I actually decided to wrap all of my hanging clothes with a couple of layers of food service film.
I am hoping that this will do a couple of things. It will keep my clothes bundled into manageable groups that can be easily grabbed and moved.
By wrapping the film around both the hangers and wrapping underneath my clothes, we won't run the risk of anything slipping out while they are being carried to and from the truck.
The film also gives my clothes a layer of protection from any sweaty arms or dusty truck bottoms they might come in contact with during the move, which keeps me from worrying about ruining any clothes!
- Mr. Spouse and I weren't forced to spend a fortune on wardrobe boxes - we used supplies we already had to solve my little dilemma.
- My clothes won't be dropped, ruined, or sweated upon during the move. (stretch that "v". dot that "i". curl that "c-t-o-r-y")
- Wrapping my clothes in the film to just as much time as loading them up into some sort of box. It was finished in a jiffy!
6 more days, y'all.