Tuesday, November 27, 2012

deck the halls on a dime.

I know I told y'all in my fall flora post that I'm not super stoked about seasonal decorating, but come on, y'all, it's CHRISTMAS TIME! Joy to the world! I would decorate for Christmas any time of year! And now that I have a little casita to decorate, I could practically hear the angels singing "hallelujah"! But just because la casita was begging for some holly jolly, didn't mean I was ready to spend my month's salary on the festive cheer.

Therefore...

Mission: Deck the Halls on a dime.

Challenge: Spread Christmas cheer by decorating the entire house for under $50 whilst singing loud for all to hear.

Challenge accepted. To the Dollar Store I go.

After crashing two local Dollar Stores, I came in with this haul that totaled $40.00. That's right. I could practically fill Santa's sleigh with all of this loot AND I was $10 under budget. Oh, holy night!

After some rather raucous caroling that probably disturbed the neighbors, I finally buckled down and got to work. Several hours later, the North Pole would be proud of our formal living room...




{epsom salt = fabulous faux snow}

...the dining room...




...the den...




...and the festive front door!

I will be posting some tutorials for creating the front door wreath and this frame "wreath" hanging in the formal living room later this week:

I already had all of the ornaments and lights for our Christmas tree, but some $7 ribbon from SAMs made the tree even more spirited!

Come, Lord Jesus, come! Love me some Christmas cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment