Friday, November 30, 2012

crafting a christmas miracle.

As I told y'all in my "Deck the Halls on a Dime" post, I am over the moon excited about my little holly jolly ornament wreath I made for our formal living room!

Nothing screams Christmas louder to me than a holly jolly ornament wreath and faux snow! I don't know what's more thrilling - the fact that it cost a total of $4.00 or the fact that it reeks of Pinterest. Either way, it was easy to make, cheap, and fabulously merry. So let's get started.

I had this mirror lounging lazily in our guest room closet that was just BEGGING to be re-purposed:

I removed it's cardboard backing and slid out the mirror to save for a potential future project, so that all I had was the frame:

I then took a piece of floral wiring and several ornaments I bought at the Dollar Store and started to string the ornaments onto the wire in a messy, haphazard way:

Once 8-10 ornaments were strung on the wire, I wrapped the wire around the bare frame and twisted the wire tightly to secure the ornaments to the frame!

I manipulated the ornaments to be sure that there was no bare space and that it looked perfectly pretty from the front:

Once the first set of ornaments were arranged and secure, I repeated those steps three more times so that I had four bundles of ornaments secured to my frame! I twisted all of the excess wire together to both hide the wire and to be sure the ornaments were securely fastened to the frame and each other. The back was a bit of a hot mess...

...but the front was perfectly lovely!

I wanted to layer the frame over a large mirror we have in our living room, so I attached a command hook to the back of the mirror, tied a ribbon to the ornament frame, and looped the ribbon around the command hook so that the frame hung in the center of the mirror:

I love the little festive surprise that this frame brings to the space!


Merry merry, y'all!


1 comment: