Monday, April 16, 2012

captivating campaign.

Am I the ONLY person in the world who hadn't heard of campaign furniture before?! During my midnight explorations of my designing life-blood, little green notebook, I discovered these brass-laden pieces of utter fabulousness.

Help me, Rhonda, I need it in my house n.o.w. But what's a girl to do when Mr. Spouse politely declines the mere $2,000 pricetag associated with these buttes? Diy, obvi. 

Here's a hacked campaign-style dresser using a Rack piece from Ikea...

...that I'm thinking about doing over the summer, but instead of the blue grey, I'm thinking a firey, orangey, high-gloss, red...

...which will go perfectly with the Chesterfield sofa we bought last weekend for our office...

I'm also crossing my fingers that I will get this little Craigslist find...

...that I can paint with Rustoleum's high-gloss, black, oil paint to give it a laquered look, then replace the hardware with these puppies (lovingly found by another recent-campaign-addict)...

 ...add on a couple of brass corner pieces and we should have a swoon-worthy campaign coffee table!

My last little campaign project will be to transform this credenza (don't mind the absolutely TERRIBLE picture)...

 ...into something like this from Honey and Fitz:

 Or go a bit more smoky blue gray like this:

...for an under-the-tv storage piece.

Is anyone else out there loving campaign furniture as much as I am? Maybe I'm going a bit overboard, but I just can't wait to tackle some of these diy's!

1 comment: