Thursday, August 7, 2014

quite a crafty closet {part two...finally}.

So remember that craft closet I started re-doing MONTHS ago? Ya. That one. No, your eyes aren't deceiving you. While it only took one weekend to actually redesign the closet, it's taken me forever and a decade to post about it. Horrible blogger award right here. So let's not waste anymore time, shall we?

I left y'all with the closet completely stripped and painted with totes adorbs black polka dots.

As I told y'all in my last post, I purged a ton of the junk that was taking up space in the closet, but the rest I wanted to be sorted into perfectly colorful boxes. But still wanting to keep costs as low as possible, I chose to re-purpose and re-paint boxes that I already had laying around the house.

Yup, that meant old file boxes, CD boxes, and even cereal boxes. I used them all! I painted most of the boxes using bright, acrylic paints I already had, and I covered some of the boxes with wrapping paper. Any metal components on the boxes got updated with a dab of Rub 'n Buff, and before I knew it, I had a closet full of lovely storage!



I spray painted some plastic drawers I already owned and labeled them with vinyl I cut using my Silhouette for an updated paper storage system!

I did allow myself to buy one item for this closet re-do, and it's something I had my eye on for a while. I always wanted a rolling cart that could not only store some of my smaller, less bulky items, but would also serve as a home for my sewing machine. I found this chrome rolling cart on Amazon:

After a fresh coat of gold spray paint (duh) and some stellar labeling, it was the perfect storage piece!

The drawers hold all of my smaller office and sewing supplies and Silhouette tools:



And my sewing machine sits happily perched on top of the cart!

I love that instead of taking over my entire dining table every time I need to sew something, I can just roll this cart out and keep everything contained in the office!

To say I'm obsessed with how this closet turned out would be the understatement of the century.






I'm trying to convince Mr. Spouse that the logical next step in our office is to take the closet door off...

3 comments:

  1. Plastic Tags for keysFind the high-quality plastic numbered tags in black on Nemako.De, We offer the high-quality plastic tags for cell phones, Plastic Tags for keys and Numbered Plastic Tags for clothes. Get Numbered Plastic Tags for public facilities and services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about crafty closet. Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete

  3. Amazing Blog! Thanks for sharing, If you want to buy online
    printed caps, then visit us.

    ReplyDelete