Wednesday, April 10, 2013

a freebie to brighten this dreary day.

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but our weather today is so sad and dark! We were having some glorious spring weather: sunshine, 80 degrees, breezy...my idea of heaven on earth! But last night, a cold front reared it's ugly head and now we are back to 40 degree weather and thunderstorms. Yuckity yuck.

Determined not to let this bad weather get the better of me, however, I decided that the perfect remedy would be a quick freebie!

One of my kids' tools they have in their desks (labeled with their name to prevent mix-ups) is a Hundreds Chart. It is a two-sided, laminated document that has a completed Hundreds Chart:
...and a blank Hundreds Chart:
{pardon the darkness and glare - bad picture day!}

The completed Hundreds Chart is a fabulous tool for the kids when they are adding, subtracting, skip counting, etc. - they are constantly pulling it out and using it during their Math Journals and Math Tubs! The blank side is just as useful - now that the kids are getting really familiar with the placement of the numbers on the Hundreds Chart, I allow them to use a dry-erase marker to practice filling in as many numbers from memory as they can! Sometimes, I will challenge them to only fill in the 5's or the 10's or the 2's. They also love to practice finding other number patterns on the chart!

We love, love, love our Hundreds Charts! To get your FREE copy of our Hundreds Chart, head on over to my TPT shop and grab one!


The sun'll come out tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment