Thursday, August 2, 2012

taste the rainbow.

How many of us store our extra crayons like this?

Yes, it's a labeled tub. Yes, all of the crayons are in one place. Yes, all of the kids can access the tub. But *help me Rhonda*, the muffins are constantly elbow deep in Crayola wax yelling out, "I CAN'T FIND ANY BWUES OR BWOWNS!! WHE-AH AW DA BWUES AND BWOWNS?!"

Well bless.

Enter Pinterest.

I am sure all of us have been floored by Staci's idea over at Going Nutty in Miss Squirrel's First Grade idea to divide up the crayons by color and store them in drawers.

Talk about simplistic genius! Gone would be the days of missing BWOWNS and BWUES!

Y'all know me, so before I went out and snagged up two new drawer systems, I looked around mi casita to see if I could find any dividers or drawers that would work, saving me a nickel or two. And look what was just chilling in the garage BEGGING to be used!

These are some old hardware dividers that I had actually been using to hold my earrings when we were in the apartment and storage space was sparse (say that eight times fast). Each of the partitions is removable, so you can create the sections that you need. Perfect!

After creating six sections per box, I began separating all of the crayons:



I then used my Silhouette's "Print and Cut" feature to create some adorbs tags to label the different sections, and taped those to the top of the boxes with clear packing tape.



Be still my heart.

I think that's something only a first grade teacher can get excited about.

Now those little boxes just slip right inside the desk that the old crayon tub used to sit on...

Hallelujah, praise the Lord! Thank you, Staci, for such a wonderful idea!!

How do y'all store your crayons?

11 comments:

  1. What a super idea! If I ever go back to kindergarten, I am totally doing this! I know what you mean, I had more than one kid who colored everything black and was constantly saying "Where da bwack?!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. Where did you get those cute sharp and dull signs? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I actually made those on large shipping labels. I used the Pencil clip art from DJ Inkers and the font is "Smiley Monster". Unfortunately, I am not able to share them due to copyright restrictions from DJ Inkers. Maybe you could make your own though! I have also seen some very cute ones on Pinterest lately! Thank you for your comment!!

      Delete
  3. Really amazing post. I just stumbled beside your blog. I will definitely suggest your blog to all of my friends. Thanks for sharing this valuable information for free ppc management

    ReplyDelete
  4. гэта прыгожа : Bumbu Masakan
    гэта прыгожа : Garp One Piece
    гэта прыгожа : Arti Lambang
    гэта прыгожа : Dresrossa One Piece
    гэта прыгожа : Wano One Piece
    гэта прыгожа : Cara Bikin Masakan
    гэта прыгожа : Kakek Hyogoro One Piece
    гэта прыгожа : Higuma One Piece

    ReplyDelete