Sunday, August 26, 2012

marvelous may books.

Please tell me I am not the last one to the party. PLEASE. Raise your hand if you've ever heard of May Books. I hope that literally all of you are raising your hands, but if you're not, this is a May Book.

A customizable, monogrammable, hand-sewnable book of loveliness. For about twenty dollar bills, you get to choose a cover print (and they have no fewer than a gobzillion choices):

Then you select your monogram shape and color palette:
Finally, you choose what kind of pages you want in your book:

Now you might notice that they have quite the plethora of choices when it comes to inside pages. As I'm trying to go strictly digital with mis calendarios, my heart gave a little pitter patter when it saw the "Meal Planner" option.

Once upon a time, I told y'all about how I love to plan out Mr. Spouse's and my meals each week. I created our own little list to help me stay organized when planning and shopping:

But that little list was tragically rookie compared to the May Book version:


Be still, little heart, be still.  As you can see, the Meal Planner pages allow you to list the main and side dishes you plan to serve each night as well as select if you plan to cook it, pick it up, or go out. All of this loveliness is perfectly sewn together in a bundle no bigger than your wallet allowing you to refer back to previous weeks to see what you've already cooked. Genius.

Not wanting to wait a single moment, I was thrilled beyond measure to plan out our week of meals:

I also added a label on the inside cover listing healthy take-out options between Mr. Spouse and my's places of employment and home in case we get in a pickle one evening and need a good plan B option.

To say that I merrily retrieved it from my bag as I skipped into the grocery store today would be an understatement. I consider it pure joy, my friends, to plan a week full of healthy meals for me and the Mr. in my new May Book.

Scurry along now. Off to the May Books website you go!

3 comments:

  1. I love my academic planner! I will definitely be ordering from them for Christmas gifts. I actually have a May Books giveaway on my blog that ends tonight at midnight!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! I wish I had known about them earlier so that I could have it for the first day of classes tomorrow. I still HAD to order one though, because being an Education major REQUIRES a planner, and the one I ordered is so much cuter than the one I have... :)

    They currently have a discount code! If you type in "monolove" at checkout your monogram is free! That's around $5 off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love one of these books, especially the meal planner, but just can't bring myself to spend $20 on a notebook! It is a cute idea though.

    ReplyDelete