Tuesday, January 31, 2012

dvd love.

Happy Tuesday! I wanted to drop by for a quick update on our DVD storage. I want it to be an encouragement to you that even small, quick tasks can make a big difference!

You might recall that in one of my very first posts, we visited our newly compact DVD collection. We went from this…
003

…to this…
013

…with the help of these
  020019

Victory indeed! We LOVE our new set-up! But it was still lacking something…something that every good storage solution has…I know you’re shocked…labels! We needed some way to quickly navigating to the DVD we needed, and searching one-by-one through each DVD was not it!
I quickly typed up some alphabetized dividers and printed them on heavy cardstock in alternating colors (there’s no need for dividers to be ugly!). I then inserted the dividers into the basket and…
004

…hallelujah! Now we can find our DVD’s quickly and easily making our DVD storage transformation complete! We are thrilled with the results!

This is a short post, but I want it to prove that not all organization transformations have to be revolutionary! Small, minor improvements may take just minutes to complete, but can create big changes! This task took me no longer than 10 minutes to accomplish, but it made such a big difference in our DVD storage!

What small tasks can you take on today that will make a big difference for you and your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment