Tuesday, September 25, 2012

quick tip tuesday.

Raise your hand if you love you some Sharpies. I am exceedingly hopeful that at least 99.4% of you have an extended bicep right now. The rest of you - you'll get on the bandwagon soon. I may or may not have a small Sharpie addiction, nothing I would be admitted to the Betty Ford Clinic for, but a passion nonetheless.

You might remember that I gave y'all a brief glimpse of my desk in my post about planning. If you look closely enough, you will see that I store all of my writing utensils in little white buckets I snagged in Target's Dollar Aisle on the corner of my desk:

Here's a close-up of my dear Sharpies that are stored with a twist:

I found that if I stored my Sharpies the "right" way (lid-up), all of the ink would sink to the bottom of the marker making the Sharpies dry out super fast. But if I store them the "Eryn-Right" way (lid-down), all of the ink stays at the tip of the marker and ready for use!

I simply dotted the bottom surface of each Sharpie with the color so that I can pull the color I need easily (I left the black Sharpies dot-less)!


Do y'all have a way to store your pens with a twist?

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I will file it away for use someday, --because for now, I have to keep my Sharpies in a locked box. I'm not the only one who adores Sharpies...unfortunately, the 2-, 4-, 8-, and 9-yr-olds do as well! :D

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you mark the bottom of the Sharpie? That would mean I would need TWO of each color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilty! I do have two of most of my sharpie colors! It's a problem, I know. But if you don't have two, you could borrow from a friend that has Sharpies to color the bottom or you could dot the bottom with nail polish or acrylic paint that you have around!

      Delete